Monday, June 20, 2011

489, Not What You Thnk...

Thankfully I have not eaten so much that I now weigh 489 pounds.

Nope.  This is post #489 on this blog for me.

Per the stats, I've been read in many different countries - UAE, Japan, China, Germany, Canada, and the US just to name a few.  Most people read the blog from IE and Firefox next.  And similarly most people use Windows vs Mac or other systems.  Traffic sources are varied - some blogs I read, some sites I belong to and even some twitter sources.  My most viewed post as of now is about Evernote.  And lastly I got the most views in January 2011. 

My first post was in August 2004 about nothing.  But my intent on starting blogging was twofold.  Firstly I love to journal and look back at those journals to remember the feelings and the things that I was going through.  It lets me see how far I've come and that life will go on, no matter the issues I face at any given time.  Secondly, I didn't have a close friend to share all this with.  Sounds sad, huh?  But really it's just who I was then and somewhat who I still am.  I don't let people in very easily or often.  The blog was and is and way to let it out to someone and not face the thought of getting hurt by what I say.  I realize that when I made this public, I opened myself up to that, but thankfully it hasn't occurred.

So I'm thinking that sometime in July I'll have reached 500 posts.  It will have taken me almost 7 years exactly to reach that.  Some years I posted A LOT, and others I posted very little.  But posting has now become a habit for me in the last couple of years and I post more often than not. 

So here's to 490 coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment