Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You say it's your birthday...

Na-na, na-na, na-na!  Is it wrong to sing to yourself?  If so, my brain is so wrong this morning! 

I am officially 41.  I don't feel older.  I think you lose that feeling older feeling about 12 and it only comes back when you're in your 80's.  I bought a watch Saturday at the QVC store in the Mall of America.  It's similar to this one only no Mickey.  Pete looked at it and asked why it was so big.  I told him watches must be like glasses - the older you are, the bigger the glass part gets. 

I started off today just like any other day - at the gym at 5am.  Pete accidentally took my running shoes out of the bag so I had to get on the treadmill in my outdoor running shoes that are 2 years old.  It was different and my legs noticed it.  I wanted to quit, but I did it.  Actually I wanted to stay in bed and listen to the rain/snow/sleet instead of going to the gym.  I did my 40 minutes/2.25 miles and we headed home. 

I've been working my behind off at work on a case that kind of blew up.  Sorry that I can't elaborate more.

I have a nice healthy fish dinner planned with more roasted veggies.  I didn't buy a cake and I don't think Pete is headed out to buy one.  However, someone at work brought The 7 Pound Chocolate Cake from Costco.  You can see pictures of it on the blog in the link.  It's SINFUL!  And I'm aiming to have a piece.  I've been and intend to be good in all my other eating for the rest of the day. 

As for my birthday goal of 15 pounds lost by today - I didn't make it.  But you know what?  I have so much muscle in my arms, back, chest and legs.  My pants are loser (I can fit into regular sizes/Misses clothes) in most stores for pants and shirts.  So I'm happy with my progress.  While I haven't lost pounds, I can tell that I've lost fat and built muscle.

3 comments:

  1. Great job with those NSV's. And awesome with that workout - I've been there too: wrong shoes, no socks, dead ipod (thankfully not all the same day!). It's difficult to stay and workout, and I'm so proud of you! Time to get that scale moving, lady!! :) LOL, keep up the great work. You are doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Its my birthday today too! YAY for celebrating your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle...now that I can finally catch up on my blog-reading, happy belated birthday!!!! Hope you had a fun day (and no, it's not weird you sang it to yourself) :)

    ReplyDelete