My first Weigh In Wednesday after my mastectomy surgery. I started out the day of surgery at 194. My lowest was in February at 187. Today, all drains out, I weigh 197.4. Not bad considering my gastric band was loosened and I can eat way more than I should be. Not bad considering I've been eating casseroles and things that I wouldn't normally make. Not bad considering that I am still pretty swollen in my abdomen from where they took the flaps.
Today is weigh in number 1 to recovery and resuming weight loss mode!
It occurred to me that there are things that I can do to make myself feel better. To make my body feel better and my psyche feel better.
1. I am being kind to my fingernails. I'm taking care of them and the cuticles that I usually neglect into dryness and poor condition.
2. I am taking care of my face. I've purchased new skincare because I need to switch it out every so often. Philosophy is my line of choice. I'm committed to washing, night and day, and using moisturizer to improve my skin.
3. I'm taking care of my tootsies. My feet. I usually neglect them and they're dry and not the best looking. Well, no more, I'm committed to doing the foot care that makes my feet soft and silky and keep my toenails polished with F U Cancer colors.
4. I'm committed to getting back to walking daily. Even if it is the couple of blocks at a time.
5. I'm committed to eating mindfully again. Why am I eating? Hungry? Bored? Hurting? Emotional? If it's something other than hungry, announce it! Be honest about it and move on, with the intent to do better next time.