Thursday, August 01, 2013

197.2; My QVC Addiction

I'm just gonna say it, I've been with QVC since the beginning of time.  I once left work on a lunch break to come home, watch a show and order a piece of jewelry.  Of course this was before the internet was an ordinary thing and when my job was temporary and I could schedule this.  Oh, and I lived like five minutes from work.

My Mom however, is a true addict.  It started, interestingly enough, when she had her mastectomy and was at home.  She spent the better part of that year doing chemo treatments every 3 weeks.  She couldn't leave the house, other than work, so that she didn't get sick.  She watched a lot of TV.  And shopped.  On QVC.  I think most of what we got for Christmas that year was from QVC.

I've had periods where I watch a lot of it and order a fair number of things.  I did it when Bare Escentuals was new and I couldn't get it in stores.  I LOVED the scents they used to produce and wore the perfume for about 10 years.  I bought some clothes when plus sizes were hard to find and when they were the same price as regular sizes and looked the same.  I bought jewelry with my aquamarine birthstone when it was hard to find around here (although it still is).

So since I've had surgery, I've bought a initial necklace, some Tarte BB Cream and Philosophy Total Mattness Duo.  The BB cream and the mattness duo I could have bought in stores near me.  But I got the brush with the cream and thought it was a good deal.  The mattness duo I did check out in stores.  It's $45 for just the primer and another $25 for the cleanser.  So that is a great deal and it's on auto delivery to keep shipping for a maximum of 2 years. 

But I've also found myself checking out clothes.  And I get all set to order things and then I remember:  1.  I no longer have to go to work every day so I don't need lots of work clothes.  2.  I have NO IDEA what my body will look like in 30 days, 60 days or this winter.  Two valid reasons why I need to refrain from buying clothes right now. 

So, all this to say that I keep the drone of QVC on the TV when I'm reading and might steal a glance every once and a while.  And I seem to be a walking/writing advertisement for QVC lately...

1 comment:

  1. I love watching QVC, but I have never ordered anything! Oh I've been tempted though!

    ReplyDelete