Sunday, January 02, 2011

Evernote

Are you like me?  Do you search recipe websites and cookbooks for the perfect recipe, print it out, use it and then lose it?

I'm still lamenting the fact that I had a killer biscuit recipe shortly after we returned from our anniversary trip and then lost it.  I do it this a lot.  i love cookbooks and have over 100.  But I find that I use them less and less.  I am now addicted to recipe websites and all they have to offer.  Only, like I said before, I lose the printed recipe.

Evernote is going to help me with my goal of getting recipes organized in 2011.  Well, Evernote, my cute little new netbook and I are going to accomplish this goal.  Check it out.  It's easy to use and it took me a few hours yesterday entering all the recipes I had on my fridge.  Yes, for the last 4 years I've had 2 magnet clips on my fridge full of folded half sheets of paper.  It was my recipe box for lack of a better term.

Considering that I'm trying to eat healthy and Pete's going to have lap band surgery, I need to be better organized with recipes. 

How about you?  If you need any FREE way to organize things from recipes, to household lists, to web pages, to photos...  Try this program.  (oh and I'm not affiliated with them in any way.)

1 comment:

  1. Evernote is a great solution. I have a document in GoogleDocs with my recipes, menus and links to recipes. It works for me because I can use Google to search my docs - it instantly finds anything I need.

    ReplyDelete