Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Goals

I'm going to set new goals today.  I'm not going to wait until the end of January to set new goals.

My long term healthiness goal is of course to lose a good deal of weight.  My current long range goal is to be at 180 and then re-evaluate my body.  It would be obviously easy to say that I wanted to be 140 pounds.  BMI standards say that I should weigh between 119 pounds and 160 pounds.  I cannot imagine my body at 119 pounds.  Maybe it's because I haven't been there since junior high (and I was not overweight in high school, but definitely in L/XL clothes).  But I think I would look so very thin and scary at that weight.  I'm not willing to rely upon the BMI charts to determine my ideal weight though, it's not easily calculated by simple numbers, you have to take into account bone structure too.

So here goes:

1.  My first goal is to lose 15 pounds by my birthday 3/22.  It's about 5 pounds per month. 
As far as weight loss that's all I'm willing to set for right now.  I think setting additional goals only puts more pressure on me than I can take and seems insurmountable.

2.  My exercise goal is to work out 16 days in January.  It's at least 4 days a week.  I was working out 5 days a week 11 months ago, so 4 days should be very reachable.

My eating goal...I think this is where I need the help right now.  I believe that this is what is going to allow me to not only do the maintaining that I have been, but continue to lose.
3.  My eating goal is to once again track my intake.  In the next 30 days I will track my food intake each and every day.

So there are the initial goals.  When I reach my first 3 goals I'll come back and re-evaluate where I am and where I next want to be.

2 comments:

  1. These sound like great goals. I wish you luck in achieving all your goals this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I think these are very doable goals and I wish you the very best with them. This could be the very best gift that you give to yourself and your family. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete