Monday, March 31, 2014

21 Days - Day 1

I mentioned a bit ago that it takes 21 days to build a new habit.  21 days/3 weeks and you have a new way of doing something.

I think I've lost a bit of the confidence I had when I weighed less.  I'm a bit less outgoing and sure of myself in all aspects of my life.  Pete asked me about this because I've started saying "sorry" lately for things that I think I'm doing wrong. Stupid things like apologizing for taking Pete's super cold water from the fridge.  Dumb!  After I do it, I mentally recoil; I want to take the words back.  Pete and I talked about this over the weekend.  I think what it comes down to is that I have to take control of my life again.

You know that piece of advice that says to list the negatives/positives in any decision to get the best answer?  Well, in this case, I see the negatives outweighing my life now.  I see how I have less energy, I'm worn out just doing normal stuff all day, my skin and hair look less healthy, I'm hungry all the time for sweet things, my clothes don't fit, I'm not as mentally ready for each day, I sleep badly...  I could go on and on.  The positives?  Can't really think of any...other than I don't have to try each day.  And that, that is sad.

So today is day 1 of 21.  My first hurdle is getting up at 4:45am.  Yes.  I'm currently awake and have been for almost an hour.  I didn't go to the gym because even though I had a great day yesterday, I was dumb. 

1.  My almost 12 year old neice, Alison, has the same shoes I do!  2.  She loves my dog as much, if not more, than I do.  She really comes over to spend time with him, not me.  3.  We made a dessert that she found on the internet.  4.  I made sweet, smokey, chipolte BBQ sauce.  5.  We took the dog for his first run in the fields by our house.

I loved the time that I spent with my niece yesterday.  It was cool that we had the same shoes.  But I got those shoes at Costco for $19.  They're cute with bright colors and laces.  I got them to replace the Ryka walking around/shopping/going out tenny shoes that I've had for almost a year and are worn out.  But they have no support.  None.  So walking around on them all day is ok.  But going for that walk?  It killed my feet.  Killed.  I was hobbling yesterday.  So no gym today.  But I'm up, awake for the day and that's half my battle.  Tomorrow...the same thing, only gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment