Tuesday, October 08, 2013

204.4; Turning The Corner

I almost hate to say this, but I think that I've turned the corner back into weight loss and healthy living.  I got really lost all spring and summer.  So lost, at times I didn't know how to get back.  You know what got me back?  Not fitting into my work clothes.  *sigh*  But I'm back, to stay.

I'm re-energized by eating healthy, losing some weight and just feeling better about myself.  The weight loss from just stopping the crappy crappy food really jump started my loss and my better attitude.  I tried on a dress today that I bought 2 weeks ago.  I ordered the size I always order from this company and when I tried it on, it wasn't a-line, it was booty hugging.  I tried it on today and it fits much better, enough so that I'm considering wearing it soon.

I'm into all things pumpkin lately, because of the cooler weather.  I've cooked down lots of tiny pumpkins and pureed them for use later.  Only they never seem to make it to the freezer, they make it in things that I'm baking and cooking.

This is my favorite afternoon snack:

Pumpkin Chia Pudding
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon chia seed
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
dash vanilla

Wisk everything together until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. 
The chia seeds will puff up and create a thick pudding that's really pretty good for you.  150 calories.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that pumpkin pudding sound really good! I might have to give that a try! Good job on getting back at it. Going through your closet is always a good way to keep that motivation going! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot going on...you take it easy on yourself... enjoy that pudding. :)

    ReplyDelete