Monday, October 07, 2013

204.0!!!!!; Eating Better

According to my tracking, I've lost about 10 pounds in a week.

Only we all know that it's not a loss of 10 pounds of fat.  (I wish!)  I think it's interesting to see what happens when you make a commitment to eating clean(er) and your body.  I've never ever had this happen before so seeing it first hand is pretty cool.

I've been reading some body building and weight loss sights about the initial rapid weight loss.  From what I've read, it's about 2/3 water and 1/3 weight that I've lost.  6 pounds of water weight in a week.  Man, just how much salt and crap what I really eating? 

I'm having an easier time tracking my food now with My Fitness Pal.  They have a bar code scanner that makes it almost impossible to track.  And I'm surprised by what my week ended up being:

1.  I am almost always under by goal of 1500 calories when I add in 30 minutes of walking. 
2.  I eat a bit more cholesterol than was planned.
3.  I am under my sodium allowance for the week, but sometimes go over in a day's time.
4.  I am eating twice the amount of sugars than planned.
5.  I am getting almost 2 times the amount of vitamin A than planned, but only 1/3 of the potassium needed.

I need to figure out ways to resolve some of those for a better diet.  Another thing that I like about MFP is this:

This chart is going to be helpful for a new way of eating that I'm going to try to work in as best as I can.  Eating by macros.  I've been reading more about this too and can't wait to see if I can help achieve goals by doing this.

Do any of you eat by macros?


No comments:

Post a Comment