Thursday, August 22, 2013

`199.2; Cut The Crap

Tuesday afternoon I made myself take a shower and go grocery shopping.  I needed to get out in public and I hadn't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks.  I also went to a farmers market that is new to me. 

Before I went, I made a list of what I needed.  Not what I wanted.  It takes about a week to get rid of food cravings.  I know this because I've done it before.  After about a week, my body no longer craves the crackers, cookies and cake.  It takes a couple more weeks, but then my body starts craving protein and produce.  Before this happened for me, I thought it was a line of bull to get people to stop eating sweets, but it really does work for me. 

The farmers market wasn't as big as the one that I usually go to, but I get fresh basil (turkey and hot turkey sausage meatballs with fresh tomato sauce for a dinner and a bread salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and olives.), a beautiful cantelope and some Japanese eggplant.  The eggplant is something I've never tried, so I'm going to make something with those.

I actually stuck to my grocery list at the store.  I came home with lots of produce and no cake, chocolate and crackers.  I cut up the fruit and separated it into different containers so that I could just grab one and eat, instead of having to cut it all up or clean it before eating.  No excuse not to choose that.  I cut some of the produce up into bags so that I can just dump it into a fresh green salad.  I put the tomatoes on the stove to start cooking my sauce.  After a couple of hours I let it cool and put it in a bag in the fridge to continue cooking when I make the meatballs.

I spent Wednesday morning cutting out the crap.  I tossed the open bags of chips, crackers and crap on my counter.  I dislike wasting food, but I'm not going to force myself to eat it when I know that it's not good for me.

Today I plan on hitting up my favorite farmers market.  I'm going to get another jar of local honey.  I want to continue using it to see if it will help my allergies this fall.  German bread for Pete from the German baker.  Cucumbers and dill to make some refrigerator pickles. More fresh tomatoes to use in salads.

Yesterday = 7 points to my TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment