Wednesday, August 14, 2013

197.2; Why Did You Start Losing Weight?

I was trying to find a quote on Pinterest that I've decided was only a figment of the Dilauid/Morphine I was given in the hospital.  It's no where on Pinterest or the web.  But while searching, I found this:
"Reality check: you can never, ever, use weight loss to solve problems that are not related to your weight. At your goal weight or not, you still have to live with yourself and deal with your problems. You will still have the same husband, the same job, the same kids, and the same life. Losing weight is not a cure for life." ~ Dr Phil
Holy Buckets!  Yes.

I'll admit that part of what I wanted to do by losing weight, was make my life better.  Be more powerful, more in control, happier.  And while that's occurred, life is not perfect.  That's ok.  I don't want to sail through life without challenges or issues, because it would be pretty boring and I really believe that those lows make the highs so much better.

The issues surrounding my weight gain are still there.  The difference is that I believe I know what they are and I can deal with them. The emotional eating, the comfort eating, the lonely eating...it's still there.  But I know a bit more on how to deal with it. 

So did you think life was going to change with the pounds shedding?  Did you learn something new about yourself?  Do you have more awareness of what may have caused your weight gain?

It's weigh in Wednesday.  I talk a lot about needing to find motivation in various places.  The internet is one of them.  So click the picture and find some motivation in other people who are in your shoes!

 
Weigh In Wedneday

3 comments:

  1. Life itself may not change but your outlook on it can change when you lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so true. I'm really trying to address the emotional eating, in the hopes that the weight loss will follow, not the other way around. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cassandra. If you can learn to look at things differently you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete