Thursday, April 11, 2013

New goals

That's for listening to my story.  It's likely boring to some, but I hope it inspires others.  If anyone has any one ever has any questions about my journey that they don't feel comfortable asking here, please email me.  I'll answer or give a resource or whatever you need!

Just like everyone, I evaluate my goals every so often to both check my progress and see where I need to focus my journey. 

My goal weight is still 175.  Am I all up in arms about it, no.  But it's my goal and I'm still working towards it.

My goal for eating is to eat healthy 80% of the time.  No fad diets, no cutting all carbs, limiting treats or low fat everything.  Eat healthy, cleaner meals.  Lower in fat, but still natural fats.  High in lean protein and fresh veggies and fruit.  The 20%?  Well, I know myself.  And I know that I'm going to have a piece of cake if it's presented to me.  I know that I'm going to have a cookie if it's around.  I know that I'm going to grab a handful of dark chocolate each day.

My goal for working out is still much the same.  Body Pump (weightlifting class) twice a week and cardio 3-4 times a week.  My preferred cardio is still the treadmill, but I'd like to transition to getting one day of cardio outside this summer.  I think that's a good goal and it still allows some flexibility.

Other goals:
I want to get the guts to run theWomen Who Rock 10K.  I don't know what it is, but I want to run a race.  I can do a 10K on the treadmill in about 80 minutes so it's not that long of a race.  But something inside me usually stops me from signing up.  I guess I don't want to look like a fool. 

I want to run a couple of 5Ks during the summer so I can feel what it's like to run in a race and be part of it all.  I have a couple in mind.

What are your goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment