Tuesday, March 26, 2013

190.0; Seriousness & Link Up Fun

The serious part:  There was a blogger conference last weekend that I'm hearing a lot about.  It was greatly anticipated and billed as fun and learning and networking.  It was also expensive.  But that I'm hearing is that it wasn't any of the above.  That a group of mean girl bloggers created an atmosphere of, well mean. 

I've talked before about how I didn't have much in person support (other than Pete, who is a man) when I started trying to get healthy.  About how I used the internet sites and articles and groups and bloggers to help me figure out my plan, help motoivate me on my journey. I will NEVER understand women who put other women down.  Is the high that they get from putting someone down lasting so long that it outweighs the high that comes from building someone up?  Life is hard.  There are struggles.  Why on Earth would we, as women, continue to put other women down and keep them down?  Why?

I honestly don't get it.

I'm linking up with Holly and Jake again.  The sentence completion leaves me realizing that sometimes the stuff in my head may just be better left there...

button


1. If calories didn't count, I would eat...a brick of blue cheese, a jug of  salsa, a jar of green olives and the full sheet birthday cake.  Not necessarily in that order.

2. On my Prom night....I had a badly sprained ankle and had to hide my left shoe in a plant all night so I didn't have to carry it around.  (true story - pinky swear)

3. When I go to the store, I always buy...crap.  Lots and lots of crap.  Then I go to the next store and buy more crap.  I get home and unpack the crap and wonder why I put it in the cart. 

4. Family functions typically...involve so much interaction that I need a nap afterwards.

5. I think my blog readers...Readers?  I have readers?  I have freaking awesome readers who support me!

6. I'd much rather be.....at home, in bed with the items in #1.

7. I have an obsession with....purse, $10 beauty boxes and Kiki La'Rue.

8. My work friends....believe that I am the crazy woman at the gym at 5am who lost weight, but brings in decadent desserts every month.

9. When I created my Facebook account....I did so to spy on my husband's exes.  I never found any of them...yet.

10. My least favorite word is...scale.

11. I really don't remember....yesterday, I mean this morning, I mean 5 minutes ago, what was the question?

12. Justin Bieber....I got nothing here.  Nothing.  He freaks me out way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment