Monday, February 04, 2013

190.6; Mile A Day...Continued

2/1/13:  1.2 mile and Body Pump.
2/2/13:  2.3 miles.  (I had to get up at 5:30 on a SATURDAY to get this done before my full day).
2/3/13:  2.83 miles, hot tub and sauna afterwards (felt SOOOO good!).
2/4/13:  1.25 mile and Body Pump.

So today, I had planned on running the mile.  But my legs were tired.  They're not used to daily running any longer.  So I put the treadmill on incline 5 and walked the mile.  It's still a mile, right?  The trainer at the gym cautioned me about my legs and giving them a chance to rest.  We talked about how the muscles will work and like to work, but also need the time and rest to reset themselves.  So while I'll try to get runs in most days, there will be some days of walking.

As for my reward, I figured it out.  I'm going to pay myself for every full mile that I complete.  I'm hoping that it will get me to complete a mile when I start it.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the money, but I figure that it will be somewhere between $50-$75.  Enough to splurge on something that I wouldn't have in the past.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great idea.. :) And I agree with the resting your legs thing.. Your muscles break down (sounds scary, huh?) and they need time to rebuild..

    ReplyDelete