Thursday, January 03, 2013

192.2; Emerson Had It Right

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
 
The quote is from Emerson.  Reading through the stuff on my phone last night it really struck me.  It only added to my post form yesterday.  He had it right.

We get so caught up in the yesterdays and tomorrows that we forget what we have today.  We get caught in the mistakes of our past and the what if's of tomorrow that we forget each day is a new chance to do what we want. 

I'm not going to say it's not a challenge, because it is.  But I firmly believe that we'd be happier if we focused on the here and now versus the before and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment