Thursday, September 13, 2012

196.4; A Shovel

There are some days that I could shovel in food by the backhoe and it still wouldn't be enough for me.  The other night I came home and told Pete I wanted to eat a salt shaker and a 1 pound brick of chocolate.  He laughed.  What he didn't know is that I had stopped by Caribou Coffee and indulged in an iced coffee with sugar free hazelnut.  Not bad, right?  Well....I added a fudgy brownie too.

Dinner was a banana covered in crunchy peanut butter.

There are some days where my eating is still really off.  It's not a magic switch that I can can pull.  Certainly most days I crave water, yogurt, crunchy veggies and good lean meats like chicken and fish.  But make no mistake, there are still days when my disordered eating and 'I Want' take over what I know is good for me.

And in these cases, I try to indulge in small ways.  Let myself have some of what I want so that I'm not obsessing over it, but not full out overeat and eat crap.  I think that it's important to balance what you're doing to get healthy.  Eating good for you food and working out every day will get your healthy, but you have to also factor in your happiness.  It's not that I want food making me happy, but I want a balanced life in which I can allow myself to indulge and know that it's ok to do so and know that I don't have to indulge to the point that I head down a bad path again.

The salt shaker & chocolate?  Today I'm worlds away from craving them.  It's a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment