Monday, June 18, 2012

207.6; Dehydration is Bad

I did a really dumb thing yesterday.

Pete and I made it to the gym, but it was around 8:30 am, rather than 6:30 am.  We worked out then hung out in the sauna for about 30 minutes.  It felt really good to just sweat. 

Our plan was to head home, take showers and head out on the motorcycles.  We headed to my sister's house to give my niece her first ride (she was grinning ear o oear!).  Instead of heading for a long ride, we headed home because a storm was moving in.  By this time it was almost 12:30.  Neither of us had eaten a thing.  We went to the local restaurant and split a burger and tots.  Amazingly, even though both of us were really hungry, we were both filled up by sharing.  Then we headed home.  And it was naptime for me!  I love naps listening to the rain.

When I woke up a couple of hours later, my head hurt.  My mouth was dry. 

I realized that all I drank was the 25 ounces of water while working out and in the sauna.  I was pretty dehydrated.  And it sucked.  I drank 20 ounces of water in about 5 minutes.  Then I turned on the timer on my phone and started taking sips every 15 minutes.  My head hurt and my mouth was dry until I went to bed.  By that time I had consumed another 70 ounces of water. 

When I woke up this morning I was thirsty.  I usually wake up thirsty, but I have to be careful about how much a drink right away.  My stomach doesn't really like it and sometimes if they water isn't the right temp, I can feel it catching where the band is.  But I drank about 12 ounces of water before work.

I've been drinking steadily throughout the morning today.  I don't want to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment