Wednesday, June 06, 2012

206.2; I Ate Bacon

All things in moderation, right?  I never went in all of this to cut out everything bad from my life.  There are things that I don't know that I could live without.  Like cupcakes.  Lovely frosted moist cupcakes. 

For the last couple of weeks all I could think about is a BLT.  I tried to put it out of my head when I'd think about it and make myself that chicken and veggies.  When it became clear that I wasn't going to get it out of my head, I gave in. 

Yes, you read that correctly.  I gave in.  Only I did it differently than in the past.  In the past I would have cooked a pound of bacon for Pete and I to polish off in about 15 minutes of eating dinner.  I could have made myself 4 pieces of toast and slathered on gobs of full fat mayo.  We'd have eaten this with chips and had ice cream for dessert.

Last night I cooked 1/2 pound of bacon and cut up 2 big tomatoes and half a head of lettuce.  I used good sourdough bread that I knew I would enjoy, but 2 pieces only.  I used olive oil mayo with less fat and spread only only enough to coat the bread.  I used thick slices of red and yellow tomatoes (no salt).  I put several layers of lettuce on, instead of just one.  Then I used my 4 pieces of bacon.  Center cut bacon with less fat cooked on a grill top that I scrape frequently so the bacon isn't frying in it's own grease. 

I roasted corn in tin foil in the oven.  Before I put it in the foil, I mixed cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika with some black pepper (no salt).  I wet the ear of corn in water and rolled it in the spices.  Then I sealed it up and roasted it at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.  Spicy and flavorful without butter or salt. 

When I sat down to eat, I took my time and enjoyed my BLT and mt corn and was full after the sandwich and half the corn.

Everything in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment