Wednesday, May 30, 2012

208.8; Still Alive and Kicking

I have to be honest here.  The last week and a half has worn me out.  We had a house guest and the kids and thing to do/places to go.  By Sunday night I couldn't stay awake past 8pm.  And when I tried to work out on Monday morning, it just wasn't working.  Running/walking was frustrating and my knee hurt.  I ended up going out of the Body Pump class in the middle because someone was faint.  I was plain old worn out and my body was trying to tell me that, but I was fighting to keep doing what I do.

Bottom line is that it didn't work.

I think there is a fine line between pushing yourself and listening to when you need a break.  I'm frustrated that I haven't lost inches or pounds in the last couple of weeks.  But Pushing my body past tiredness is one thing and pushing past exhaustion is another.  I suppose that I'll end up going over that line again several times before I realize what's happening with my body.

This morning's workout was a struggle.  I ran, but slow.  I walked, but my feet hurt.  I did it though.  For an hour.  And this afternoon I feel better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment