Thursday, May 31, 2012

207: I Don't Glisten

When I was in high school I read trashy romance novels.  Actually I read whatever I could get my hands on, but the romance novels seemed to be more frequent.  As a side note, now that I'm happily married, I can't seem to get into romance novels - maybe because I have my own romance? 

Anyway, back to the novels.  Every one of them would talk about how the woman glistened instead of sweated.  Glisten.  It sounds so romantic and cute and pretty.  Well, I don't glisten.  I can't believe I'm going to do this, but here goes...this is what I look like after 4.5 miles in 60 minutes at 5am:
I am a hot mess.  I certainly don't look like I glisten, do I?  Nope.  I plain old sweat up a storm.  I sweat first in my head so it's always bad. It was worse before I started wearing the headbands to keep my hair back and sop up some of that sweat.  I always wonder if the people at the gym who know me by name would recognize me outside of the gym when I'm not a hot mess?  Sometimes I want to go in, dressed like normal, and see if they call me by name.

Are you a hot mess when you exercise?  Or do you glisten?

No comments:

Post a Comment