Monday, May 21, 2012

208.0: Busy Week Requires Planning

I have a recap of the weekend all set for tomorrow.  In the mean time, I did some thinking about why I wasn't motivated to the gym the last 2 weeks.  I believe that part of it was frustration over a lack of weight change.  I had what Pete calls body shaping, in that I was losing inches and it was good.  But my weight wasn't changing.  I got burned out in my lack of progress.  Then I had a fill and for 2 days afterwards at soup and jello and lost 4 pounds. 

Bottom line, I got lazy.  I thought the fill would solve it all and I could back off on exercising and watching my food.  In reality I had doughnuts for break fast 3 times last week.  In reality I wasn't at the gym ONCE last week.  I'm going to start calling this my Superman complex.  Superman in that I have a couple of items converge and it makes me think that I am unstoppable.  In reality, I'm far from it. 

And the more I thought about this, the more I realized that the Superman Complex isn't a bad thing.  It makes me take a step back, refocus and reevaluate where I'm at/where I want to be.  It's a teaching moment for myself.  It makes me remember why I started all this and where I want to be at some point.  So just when I think that it's all easy, I need a reminder that it's not easy and I need to fight.  So I got my lazy behind up at 4:40 this morning and walked/jogged/ran 4 miles at the gym this morning.

This week is a busy one.  Today Pete's friend Vic is coming from Texas to stay with us for the next 10 days.  He hasn't been to MN in a long time and he's anxious to see his new Grandbaby.  Pete's anxious to have a good friend who he can ride with and hang out with.  Next weekend is Memorial Weekend and we agreed to have my almost 10 year old niece and 6 year old nephew for the weekend to go camping.  And in all this I need to work, work out and spend some time with my hubby and his friend.  So I need a plan.  A good plan.



I know it's hard to see.  But I scheduled in my gym times and what the plan for dinner was.  I have fruit and yogurt already here at work for the week's breakfasts and snacks.  I also have soups for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment