Wednesday, March 28, 2012

214: I GET IT

Monday was hell.  I had been gone from work for 3 days, but it seemed like forever.  I had cases to catch up on, calls to return and new cases to deal with.  I hit the ground running and really never got a break.

At one point my supervisor came in and asked me how I was doing.  I was honest and said that I was sore.  Then I blurted out that I had a gastric band put in.  Right then and there I understood it.  How odd and awkward it is to tell someone what procedure I had.  I get why the people in my life who've had it don't want to tell.  I get how weird it is to tell people that you work with or that you motorcycle with or whatever that you had this done.  It's as if I told them my my whole weight history with just one sentence.

Most of the people at work know because I've been honest about it.  It's not a secret, but I'm not broadcasting it either.  I need to figure out what to say to clue people in so that if it comes up I can be honest, but not awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment