Thursday, March 29, 2012

213: 1 week post-op

I'm waking up hungry.  It's interesting because I don't recall feeling actual hunger for a long time.  I was so used to feeding my body bad things at various times that true hunger pains rarely existed in my tummy.  Even when I was doing the liquid diet before surgery I wasn't hungry.  But twice in the last 3 days I've been woken up my my hunger.

Have you felt hunger pains lately?  The kind that rumble your whole tummy?  When they happen to me, they spasm the are where the band is and it actually hurts.  It's not good.  I've been eating about 1/2 cup pureed veggies for breakfast with coffee.  1/2 cup pureed veggies and 1/2 pureed fruit for lunch.  8 ounces of protein boosted chocolate milk mid afternoon.  Dinner is similar to lunch.  But the 10-12 hours between dinner and lunch is too long for my tummy.  I think I need to add in a glass of milk before bed and see if that makes a difference.

I saw my surgeon yesterday.  She took the tape off all my incisions.  There are 6 of them.  The port one is low on my tummy and still has sterie strips on them.  The next largest one is right on my left rib area and painful still.  It's got a large bump there that isn't normal.  She said that they use a netting in the hold to stop the bleeding and the netting may have popped out because it's so close to my ribs.  Or it's a pocket of old blood or fluid.  It's not hernia like because it doesn't get bigger with pressure from my abs.  In any case she said my body would start absorbing the bump and I should just watch it for signs of infection in the next week.  I don't have to go back until week 6 when I'm eligible for my first fill!

No comments:

Post a Comment