Thursday, December 01, 2011

228

My immediate goal:  228 pounds by 1/1/12.

I met with the bariatric center yesterday.  Dr. July at Unity is very nice and a no nonsense kind of person.  She tells you like it is and I like that.  We talked for quite some time about my progress, my apnea and weight.  I realized that at my largest I likely weight somewhere between 275-285.  I never want to see that again.  When she asked me what my goal was in all of this I didn't hesitate.  I want to be a healthy me with less joint pain, less swelling in my ankles, more energy, better about to control what I eat to keep me a healthy adult for as long as I can. 

For me, this isn't about how I look right now.  I understand that it's part of it and a huge part for women.  But for right now I want to be healthy.  I want to have energy to do things again.  I want to feel good in my body.

So she qualified me for surgery.  I've completed most of the process already.  The last 3 things are:  see the nutritionist, have a psych eval completed and lose 12 pounds.

I'm not taking this lightly.  It's a huge decision and yesterday while waiting for her in the office I asked myself if this is really what I wanted to do.  My answer was yes.  I want to like food, but not have it control me.  I feel a bit energized again.  I feel a bit like I have a purpose, a goal to work for. 

228.

1 comment:

  1. A good friend of mine had lapband surgery done in Feb of 2010. I stayed with her for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks post because her husband was deployed. It as a long process, but worth it.

    I'll be thinking about you during the coming weeks! I know you can reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete