Friday, December 02, 2011

Steps to a Goal

1. (n.) goal:  the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

These are my mini-goals or my steps to the bigger goal of losing 12 pounds by 1/1/12.  I'm going into this with the understanding that I don't have to be perfect, but I have to try.  I know that I'm better off when I set goals and tell people (lots of people) about them to keep me on track.  I know that putting the goal information up where I can see it will help immensely.  And I know that when I put my mind to something I can do it.


1.  Workout Calendar:  I used a planning calendar in March to get my activity in and it kept me pretty accountable.  I loved seeing the results on the paper from what I had panned to do and what I actually did.  I hung another one up yesterday.  My goal is 4 times a week.  Anything above that is like extra credit.  And who doesn't like extra credit?

2.  Tracking Food:  This seems to be something that I have a hard time doing regularly.  I feel like I'm much to "into" my phone when I had to enter all the things that I eat.  And let's face it, if I don't enter them when I'm eating them, I forget.  But for the next 30 days I plan on making more days of tracking than not.  My goal is 1200-1500 calories a day, less than 100 grams of carbs, less than 50 grams of fat and at least 60 grams of protein.

3.  Water:  I'm back to drinking 75-100 ounces of water a day.  It's making for frequent bathroom breaks, but that's ok.

4.  Sleep:  I think that I'm a better person overall when I'm not tired.  I have less headaches, less stress and better days in general.  So my goal is at least 6 hours of sleep at night.  This is going to be a struggle when you add in the combination of the CPAP.  But I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment