Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Over the Over Emotional...

I think I've made it through to the other side.  I think that the combination of the life stressors and the PMS, (which is like when stars collide) meant that life was just way too overwhelming.

I have my sleep study scheduled for 10/23/11.  I have to be there at 8pm to get started.  If they don't get the data that they need overnight, they require that you stay the following day and take 5-2 hour naps for them.  I keep thinking...so they want me to sleep for 8 hours then get up and sleep for another 10 hours?  I' so nervous that I won't sleep so the doctor gave me Ambien to try for that night.  And that makes me even more nervous because of the crazy things that I read about people doing on that med.  At least there will be someone to watch me...

I'm both fearful that I have sleep apnea (because it's a serious diagnosis) and that I don't have it.  It's like I'm balancing on a line and I could fall either way.  Another reason why I feel like I'm in limbo right now.

As for the healthiness journey...I think it's on pause.  That's not to say that I don't think about it.  I limit my portions and I try to eat healthy with veggies, fruit and whole grains.  But I'm not going all out and I haven't returned to the gym.  I do hover take Nico for walks almost every night so I'm getting 1-2 miles of walking in most days.  My goal is to get the sleep study done and return to the gym to start up something by 11/1/11. 

I'm getting better about meal planning/grocery buying.  I've been using this free printable planner from Vertex to help me.  I sit down each Saturday or Sunday and plan out a weeks worth of meals from what I have on hand.  Then I use the grocery list to add what I need.  It's cut down on waste and I feel much more organized.  I keep a few of these in the household bills binder that I made after seeing it on Echos of Laughter organizing blog.  When I'm done making my list and shopping, then I pull it out and hang it on the front of the fridge so Pete knows what's on the list and can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment