Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Feet

My feet still hurt.  It worries me. 

It used to be that if my feet were hurting and I just backed off a little on the cardio it would get better and I'd go back to exercising.  Well, I went to the podiatrist and I have new shoes that are correct for my feet.  Yet Monday night we walked around Centennial Lakes (1.5 miles) and my feet hurt at the end. 

I don't wear heels (for the most part) and I choose shoes that have a lot of padding in the front part of the footbed.  But even my everyday shoes are making my feet hurt.  Last night we went for a late summer/early fall motorcycle ride and walking in my boots hurt.

It worries me.  I think my next step is seeing if my feet hurt when I'm back on the treadmill.  And yet that would require me returning to the gym.  And if I'm really honest with myself, returning to the gym scares me.  I get an anxious fluttery heart, my tummy spins and I start to sweat.  I feel like a failure and returning there feels like defeat, even if it's not logical.

On a good note:  Pete and I have been married 3 years as of Monday.  I told him that it feels like forever.  Not bad forever.  Forever like we were meant to be and this is always the way that it's been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment