Monday, March 14, 2011

I like Turnips!

After attending the class by KitchenWerks I did a little shopping.  I knew that I had ground turkey that I had to use.  I also knew that I wanted to make things that aren't necessarily appealing to Pete.  So I bought a sweet potato, a yam, some green top carrots, red beets, red onion and turnips along with the other things that I grabbed while shopping.

Sunday we woke up and went to the gym where I realized that I've dropped my per mile time by 5 minutes since last year.  So while I'm not quite running all the time, I'm walking pretty fast and putting 8-10 intervals of 1-1.5 minutes of running in my 30 or 40 minutes on the treadmill.  I was pretty proud of myself.

We came home and I made myself breakfast:  2 eggs, 1 cup packed fresh spinach, 2 diced green onions, 2 slices low salt deli ham chopped, 2 diced mushrooms, 1/8 cup dicd red pepper.  I made it into scrambled eggs and added 2 small slices of rye bread.  Actually I had this for both Saturday and Sunday breakfast. 

Breakfast was so late that I had a snack of 4 slices of low salt salami, 2 slices of swiss lace cheese and 2-1 inch slices of red pepper.

Dinner was awesome!  All those veggies up there?  I cut them into similar sizes and drizzled with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and put them on a sheet pan with Pink Himalayan salt and cracked pepper.  I roasted them at 425 for 40 minutes.  They were DEVINE!  All of the veggies get caramelized and turn sweet and so flavorful.  I cooked the ground turkey into burgers with ginger, diced green onion, soy and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.

Remember those lasagna rolls that I made last week?  I had 3 meals off them and ate  total of 4 of them.  The remaining 5 I wrapped up individually and put in the freezer.  I can either defrost them and heat in the microwave or oven and instant dinner.

By the way, I have pictures of all of this!  Where are they you ask?  Well, they're on my phone and the emails have been sent to my computer - but for some reason they're in outer space floating around somewhere - all 3 copies of them.  When they reach my Earthly email I'll post them...

No comments:

Post a Comment