Thursday, February 03, 2011

I want new clothes

Simple as that.  I want new clothes.  I think part of it is, it's coming up to the time where spring clothes are in the stores and they look so appealing and have the promise of warmer weather approaching.  So I want them.  I neeeeeeeed them.

Instead I fondle them, I browse them, I pull them out and turn them around, I carry them with me in the store (but put them back), I try them on, I linger over them, I put outfits together, I find matching earrings, I imagine me in places out in the world with them on, I smile at them, I imagine them with things that I already own.

Seriously.  I must look like the biggest nerd in the store.  And by store, I currently mean Target or Old Navy.  I'm at that stage where I'm not investing in clothes, they're a temporary stop and I don't want to spend a lot on them.  Is that a bad thing?  I'm being serious for a second.  Sometimes I wonder if I refuse to spend much on clothes because I don't think that I'm worth it.  Other times I think that I'm just being frugal and can't imagine spending $100 on a pair of jeans. 

Remember my goal?  The one where I said that I could buy new clothes if I lost 15 pounds by 3/22?  I'm still working towards it.  Let me restate - I'm still determined to reach that goal.

So instead of buying a few new tops here and there or a new pair of work pants or whatever, I browse.  I try on.  I think.  Then I put it all back and leave the store.  Go ahead.  Laugh.  I do it when I put it all back.  But I also smile a bit inside.  I'm sticking to this goal.  I'm remembering the goal when the mood strikes to shop.  And I can see how far I've come by the sizes that I fit into.

So, it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome goal, and I know you'll achieve it!!!

    ReplyDelete