Monday, January 31, 2011

Randomness

1.  Pete and I had our nieces Alison (8) and Allie(5) and nephew Grant (5) over this weekend.  Matthew(12) has gone camping with us on the motorcycles because he's tall enough to ride.  This weekend was an attempt to even up time spent.

2.  We made cupcakes & frosted them.  Made banana bread.  Decorated Vanetine boxes to take the goodies home in.  Got silly banz and lipgloss/chapstick.  Played Wii. Colored lots of pieces of paper and wrote stories.  Listened to Pete and Grant's dueling harmonicas.  Make our own indivudal pizzas.  Watched Ramona & Beezus.  Ate Pete's Ice Cream Pancakes and bacon.  Ticked, giggled, talked, cuddled, cried, whined, tattled, joked, smiled, slept...

3.  The only evidence of all of this is the random juice cup I found in the upstairs hallway and the million piceces of paper (see #2) taped up all over the house.

4.  (Putting on my flame proof suit) I sometimes get irritated with Moms and Dads who have kids call to them repeatedly, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom!" before they answer.  Then we have the kids over and I remember what it's like to be mentally exhausted and unable to answer everything, all the time.

5.  I was so tired I was in bed by 8pm last night.

6.  I'd do it all over again.

Alison (8), Allie (5) and Grant (5) sitting on the playground motorcycle that one of Pete's former customers gave him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment