Sunday, November 14, 2010

All that for nothing

I just got done eating. I think it took me all of 10 minutes.

It occurred to me that I just spent all afternoon cooking a big dinner only to consume my portion in 10 minutes. A lot of work for just 10 minutes.

I don't seem to have this problem other places, but at home I scarf down my meal so fast. Maybe it's because we have no kitchen table to eat at. We eat in the livingroom in front of the tv. Maybe it's because the eating isn't important once I've spent all that time cooking. I literally was in the kitchen from 2pm-5pm cooking breakfasts for the week, ham, bread, mac & cheese, corn, apply torte... A long time. Maybe it's because I'm wondering if Pete likes what I've made. Wondering if he likes a new recipe or not.

At any rate, I don't savor my food here at home. I gulp it down and don't seem to notice what I'm eating.

Likely not a good way to do it. And I need to figure out how to change this.

No comments:

Post a Comment