Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starting Over or Continuing

This morning I got out of bed and went to the gym. Well, actually my alarm went off and my husband had to prod me several times before I got out of bed. He had to basically nag me about my promise to myself to start going to the gym again. I am thankful that he did.

I met with the trainer and set up some weekly sessions with her starting next week. I also told her how I wanted to do the C25K program starting next week. Then I got on that treadmill and started up. I did my 1.5 miles and some core exercises. (yay me!)

On the way home I thought about how I started again. But really I haven't started over. My goal is the same. My pattern is the same. I just continued it after some time off. So I'm not starting over.

Why is this important to me? Because if I'm starting over I feel like I was a failure previously. And I'm not a failure. I'm a woman on a journey. Sometimes the journey is swift and I cover many miles in a day. Sometimes the journey is slow and I struggle though a few steps a day. But I'm still on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment