Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Exercise Clothes

Now I have to admit that when I get up at 5am to head ot the gym the last thing onmy mind is what I'm wearing. I just hope that when I pull some yoga/running pants out of the closet and a shirt that they match. And come to think of it all my pants are black so really how can I screw that one up?

I get new shoes once a year. I've visited many stores in the area - running stores, walking stores, high end shoe stores and main street shoe stores. I did this last fall looking for the "ah-ha!" shoe moment where my feet would sing to me. They never sang and in the end the one that everyone recommended (but never had in my size) was the one I was already wearing.

I put my hair up in a ponytail. Well, whatever hair fits into the ponytail. Sometimes that means I have to wet it down because it's taken on a life of it's own overnight. And I make sure that all my make up is off from the previous night. Oh, usually I brush my teeth too. You know, just in case I have to talk to someone.

So when I read this article -> Stylish Workout Clothes I thought, really?

Newsflash: Exercise clothes aren'tlumpy and frumpy anymore.


Really? So when I'm sweating away to get healthy and feel better about myself I should be dressing stylish? I'm not in that gym to pick up men, one up the women or appear better than anyone else. I'm there to workout. Implying that I need to look stylish to do it someone takes away from the idea that I'm there at all.



I don't need to look stylish at the gym. I need to be dressed appropriately (no one needs to see my tummy or booty). I need to have the correct footwear for my feet. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Not to mention how hard it is to find "work out" clothes when you're not a size 6/8

    ReplyDelete