Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dear Michelle

Dear Michelle (that's me),

I'm proud of you. I know that every journey has it's struggles and triumphs and yours is no different. I'm proud that you have decided to take control of your health. There are so many things that you can control and focusing on those is a great positive step.

I have to be honest. I'm a little sad that you didn't make more of the summer. Make more of getting in more physical activity outside. Make more of the fresh produce that is abundant that time of year.

But with my honesty and sadness also goes honestly and hopefulness. I know that you see what a difference a little change in your daily life can make to your physical health! I know that you see the effects of eating better and exercising. You're more alert during the day, you fall asleep and sleep better at night, you have more energy throughout the day, you feel better and you think better.

I'm proud of you for getting up at the ungodly hour of 5am and getting to the gym. It's early, dark and cold, but you know how important it is. I'm proud of you for logging your walks and your workouts to see what works and what doesn't.

I'm so very glad that you set goals. I understand that sometimes goals aren't met, but it's really about the journey to the goal, right? Not attaining the goal doesn't mean that the journey it's self is any less important. You get it.

So I'm looking for ward to your future and I know you are too.

Love Me.
________________________

Have you written a letter to yourself lately? If not, do it. Paper, computer or email. Send it to yourself and read it in 30 days, 90 days and 6 months. How are you doing?

1 comment: