Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm refocused

I think. No really. I am.

Saturday's Prior Fat Girl was very interesting. The first speaker was from Kitchen Werks . I already read labels and check my carbs and all that so I thought this would be old hat. However, Stacy made me think not only about carbs, but about how many ingredients were in my foods and how much sugar was in my foods. If I can't say the ingredient or can't understand what it is, do I really want to be putting it in my body? No. So Even though I got very few groceries yesterday it took me FOREVER because I was back to reading every label again. And I'm sure that I could do better and will keep reading.

The second speaker was Mary Langfield . I thought I had a pretty good grasp on getting healthy. But Jen brought up that there is all this emotional stuff that goes on with losing weight, changing out body image and prespective. Mary reminded me that I need to do something else other than eat to fill up my time and mind. She reminded me that I am good enough to put myself first and to rememeber that I am not alone in my struggles.

I'll have more to say about those things another day. But I was so inspired and energized during the session that I signed up for the next one in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment