Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Much Better, kind of

I have a much better attitude today. I'm still kind of sad about the fact that I can't seem to motivate myself. I rely on others around me, whether it's real motivation or perceived, to get me working out. By perceived, I mean that even though the people at the gym have nothing to do with me while I'm there, they still motivate me. I still think that they're going to think I'm some wimp if I give up after a couple of minutes. Weirdly it motivates me to keep going. I need to work on motivating myself.

I wonder what motivates others to do things on their own?

I had a great workout this morning. I thought I'd only be able to do about 15 minutes on the ellipticl, but I did 25. I lifted weights for about 25 minutes also. Focusing on my arms and shoulders.

So today, I am good again. Other than the face that my face is so swollen from all the tree pollen that I looked lopsided after sleeping on my right side all night. I can't wait for spring to be over so that summer is here and the trees are mostly leafed out.

1 comment:

  1. You are way too hard on yourself. I'd love to be able to go to a gym and workout, but I'm the opposite, I get intimidated by all the people there.

    Your doing a great job! You should be proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete