Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!

She's 85! She's seen more changes in the world than I may ever know. Wars, peace, electrontics, births, deaths... She's 85. I love that she has been such an imposrtant part of my life. She's supported me in most everything that I've done and made sure that I had her advice. She's loaned me money to buy my first car. She's let me live with her.


This is her family. All of us. She was so surprised when she walked into the pary Saturday. She asked everyone what they were doing there. When she realized they were there for her, it was almost more than she could stand. She cried. We gave her the best gift ever - the gift of family and friends.

This is Suzanne, Grandma Phyllis, Sue and Maureen. Sue is Grandma's sister in law. She's 95 herself! She's lost a lot of her sight and hearing, but still came to help celebrate Grandma's birthday. Suzanne and Maureen are her daughters and my Mom's cousins.



What a wonderful thing to see everyone there. I don't think we could have come up with a better gift for Grandma.




No comments:

Post a Comment