Thursday, January 07, 2010

12 days

You know that song from Christmas? The 12 Days of Chirstmas. Anyway, I got to thinking that I could make my own 12 days. That it could be a gift. And that I could do with those days anything I wanted.

What I ended up doing was taking an area of our relationship where Pete and I were at a crossroads in. I thought about it for quite a while and came up with 12 things that I could text him or give to him to share with him. They were extreamly personal things so I'm not going to share them.

I started out the days by sending a text explaining what I was doing and why. He seemed excited. And my intention was to have tags or cards most days, but I wasn't feeling well and it ended up being all texts. If I didn't send a text early enough in the day I got a text from Pete asking where that day was. lol

It really did give us a chance to reconnect. To connect on a different level. And to talk. One day we kind of opened up to each other and had a wonderful conversation about an issue. I think it was because we were open already and because we were in the habit of really talking to each other during this time.

When the days ended Pete asked, "What now?" and I told him that we continue the idea. It doesn't have to stop for Christmas. We can make it whatever we want.

I loved this idea and I can't wait to use the 12 days of Valentines or the 12 days summer or the 12 days of just because...

No comments:

Post a Comment