Monday, January 04, 2010

2010

A new year. I needed one of those. It's not that the last year was horrible. It's that I've felt like I'm riding a rollercoaster and I can't get off. There are ups and downs and turns so fast my head shakes. While I realize that the bad times are there to make me appreciate the good, I'd like some ok times to tide me over for a while.

In 2010 my mantra, my quote, my reason is "embrace the journey." I need to be more present in my daily life. I need to remember to enjoy the moment I'm in, instead of worrying about the ones that have past or the ones approaching me. I forget that a lot. I'm such a planner and a worrier that it's hard for me to just be present in my life. I'm usually worried about something that I did yesterday or moments ago or worse, worried about what is coming. I forget that I lose out on so much when I don't just be.

I need to remember that marriage is work. It occurs to me that it should be. Not bad work, just work. It's not all sunshine and roses once the rings are on. And like my personal mantra, I need to embrase the journey of marriage. The ups, the downs and the kisses. I need to remember that life isn't just about me. It's about two. It's about our dreams and wishes and wants and needs.

I need to remember to use what I have. Whether it's food in the pantry, money in the change jar, knowledge from my loved ones, lists I've made, friends I have. I need to use what I have. New isn't always what it's cracked up to be. I'd much prefer something used that has a story to tell than new - at least most the time.

I need to be thankful. Thankful for what I have and what is given to me. I am blessed. I am blessed by family and friends and work. I'm thankful for connections that I've made. I need to remember that it takes two to connect and two to keep connecting. Part of that is my job and I can do it.

I hope that 2010 is a good year. A year I can reflect upon with love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment