Saturday, December 13, 2008

Journal Your Christmas

Day 13: Music

As I've previously said, one of my favorite memories of Christmas is the Bing Crosby, Sinatra, Dean Martin type songs piped into my Grandparentt's basement each Christmas Eve. It was comforting, soft but spirited and lovable. My favorite CD to listen to is Time Life Christmas Memories. I could listen to it over and over again and in fact I do! I buy a new CD each year to add to my collection, but I always come back to this. It brings back such wonderful memories. And I always try to imagine my Grandparents listening to the music when it was new and what they were doing over Christmas at that time. I love nostolgic things, especially at the holidays.

My favorite song is the Little Drummer Boy. I don't know why - but it speaks to me. And my favorite version is the one where Bing Crosby and David Bowie sing. I'm also a sucker for two eras mixing. I wonder what Bing Crosby thought of the 'new star' David Bowie when they recorded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment