Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just getting it done

There is something to be said for just getting it done and over with and not dragging it out. What is the it I'm referring to? Well Pete and his sister have had some hard decisions based on things related to their father's death. He's decided to just get it done. Not to linger about waiting. It's a good thing. I think that he needs some closure to the process and this will help out.

Memorial Day was Monday. We made our way to his parent's gravesite and spent some time there. We rode the bike because Pete wanted to show his Dad what he bought. It may just be wedding emotions, but I cried. I cried that they are not going to be with us at the wedding. Their physical presence will be greatly missed.

Then we stopped at the little building to find another site. I wanted to see Dave P's grave. Dave was a great friend of the family. He was happy go lucky, always laughing, tons of fun and great to be around. Unfortunately hidden under all that was a very sad and depressed man. He struggled for years with his depression and finally took his own life. It was a sad day for everyone. Even worse that it left my Dad with one less friend to do things with. It happended in the midst of 2.5 years in which we attended 7 funerals. I miss Dave and wonder what would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment