Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm kicking myself right now.

My stomache is in knots. Huge twirling knots that is making me sick.

I was involved in a fender bender Monday. Basically I was backing out of a parking spot in a lot. I was about 3/4 of the way out of the spot when I saw a truck coming to my right. I stopped and watched it pull into the spot to the right of me. Then I continued backing out.

What I didn't know is that there was a white work van on my left waiting to go behind me. When I stopped 3/4 of the way out he decided to slip behind me and go around. I didn't see him. I wonder if he even saw my face to see if I saw him back there. When I was in the coffee shop, he was in the drive thru and had pulled his grey sweatshirt hood up over his head, covering the sides of his face. I remember this because he looked forward in the drive thru and I couldn't see his profile. So I hit him. Only he didn't stop, he bascially slid all along my back bumper creating a scrape & dent along his side.

He pulled his hood down, got out of the van & said "I'm sure my boss won't make you pay much for that." Which immediately got my attention. First of all, it wasn't totally my fault. You don't go behind a car that is pulled out, hoping to get around it before they get all the way out. Secondly, once you hit, come to a complete stop, don't continue to slide along my bumper creating more of a dent. Third, the thing to say is "Are you ok? Let's trade information." He said he was late for work and I told him that I was calling the police and he got angry & said that he didn't have time for that. I told him I needed to do it anyway. He got even more mad. When I called dispatch I told them he didn't want to stay.

Anyway, the police came, took a report and left. Yesterday I got a call from the owner fo the business asking for insurance information. Today I spoke with the claim office for my insurance. My payment was late. It was in the mail and to the office, but late. So they need to get the policy backdated or I'm not covered.

I am literally sick to my stomache.

No comments:

Post a Comment