Monday, May 05, 2008

Parents

With the passing of Pete's Dad I'm ever so much aware of the strain on my relationship with my parents. Although I complained greatly about them sometimes, I love them. Sometimes I miss the weekly calls I used to get from my Mom.

My parents, my sister and my grandma came to the funeral. I think it really showed Pete that they care. At least I hope that was the reason behind it. The Saturday before it, we were at my Grandmas house for dinner. My Dad and Pete talked in the garage and my Mom came out while they were talking. My Dad when into the house and Pete stayed out with my Mom. She said to him that cancer really changes a person. That it had changed her and made her do things that she really wasn't very proud of and that she regretted. When Pete told me that I told him that it was probably as close to an apology for the stuff that happened as anything he would ever get. It gave me hope.

I know that my relationship will never be the same. I can forgive the things that she did. It's much harder to forget them.

This past weekend we went shooting with my Dad. He offered money for the wedding. And I feel relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment