Monday, April 07, 2008

shhhhhhh....it's a surprise.

So Friday I took off half a day and went to get 'the ring'. You know, the one that Pete wanted badly. The dress ring. A woman at work put it this way - he is wearing it and should love it. SoI took off at noon and drove to Burnsville. Why there? Well that is where the salesman quoted me the lower price and if I was going to get it I wanted him to get the commission. After I bought it I stopped in to LB to get myself some new jeans and a cute shirt. I tried on several shirts and found one that looked good on me and then grabbed jeans in the size that I had at home and took off. Only I then found a DSW and stopped there to look for wedding shoes. I found some cute ones that I think would look different, yet dressy. I got Kim the same ones and we'll see what she thinks.

So I'm on my way home and Pete calls. Luckily it's about 3pm and I told him that I conned the part-timer at work to stay for me so I could leave early. I asked him where he was and when he told me I realized that he was about 10 minutes bhind me on the same freeway! So I hurried my SUV through traffic so that I could get home and hide the ring. It's in my bra drawer in the back.

Have I told you what I'm going to do with it? 4/16 would be his mom's birthday. It's a hard day for him that is filled with emotion and memories. I want to easr some of the hard times for him by giving him some good memories from the day. So I'm going to tell him that morning that I have a surprize for him. Then I'm going to take him out to eat after work some place good. After that we're going to place flowers on his mom's grave and I'm going to give him the ring as I ask him to marry me. I want him to know that this is as importatnt to me as it is to him. If that makes sense? I also want him to know how much I would have liked to meet his mom. That I'd hope we would have gotten along wonderfully and that I'm letting her know that I'll always love him and take care of him.

I can't wait to see his face. See his smile. Hear his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment