Friday, February 15, 2008

What a sweetheart...

My guy that is. He fully redeemed himself from last years Valentine's gift of ...nothing.

I came home Wednesday night to a cleared kitchen table. I am still afraid to ask what happened to all the various items that were on it. Bills, receipts, papers, the camera...I'm sure they're located somewhere in the house, right? Then I was told I could not go in the laundry room. So I didn't. How good am I?

Valentine morning I ran to get his gift, but he made me come to the laundry room with him. I got a beautiful fish tank for my office! I have been wanting one for a year and never got around to buying one. The tank wasn't filled with water and fish. He told me we could go pick those out and set it up this weekend at my office. Instead it was filled with chocolates that have meaning in that we got them at a special place or ate them and have special memories of that. Jolly Ranchers that we keep by the bag full in the cars for a little summer treat when we are out and about. A chocolate rose in the small coke bottle that we got at the fort this summer. And a perfect single red rose in a heart balloon. Each thing was significant and he point it all out.

Then he got me the silliest card about a bubble bath. Only he wrote the most beautiful sentiment in it. Talking about the rose and history and how much he loves me.

Totally redeemed himself. And it still makes me smile.

Now what kindo f fish should I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment