Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dear Pete,

The other day I was upset by a local news story. For some reason it touched my heart and I really related to it. You reminded me that there was nothing that I could do. Only you did it in a soft, soothing way that let me know you realized how much it effected me.

That night we were watching movies and the last one we had left was "Tuesdays With Morrie". I honestly don't remember requesting it from the site, but it was delivered. I told you I didn't want to watch it because I knew how it ended from all the media buzz when it first came out. You encouraged me to put it in anyway. A short way through it I said I wasn't interested in it and you asked why.

I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's because I don't know if I ever had a Morrie in my life. Maybe it's because I don't want to think about someone important to me dying. Whatever the reason you comforted me.

Then you sweetly and quietly told me that there were times that you just needed to hear my voice and you call me. That there were times you just needed to touch me so you put your hand in mine or your hand in my lap.

I realized then and there that I love you so much that it makes my heart ache. I had always wondered how that could happen. How someone could be so important that it would make your physical heart ache. I have now experienced it.

I love you. I love you more than any words can say. And there are times when I just need to hug you and have you hug me back. I'm thankful you're like that too.

Love Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment