Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's a whole new office...kind of

My office at work is on the top floor of the building. It's a weird "T" shape in that I have dormer windows in the middle of the office (outside wall of course) and right across from that is the door. On the sides I have little cubbie holes that hold a small table. One side has a bookshelf in it, the other a table with my little fridge/coffee maker/microwave.

I have my desk in the large area by the windows. Only the sun is horrid. I mean I love sunlight, don't get me wrong. It's the glare from the light on my computer screen or the glare from the snow bouncing in on my computer screen. It got so bad that I cleared out the bookcase cubbie hole and moved my desk & computer table in there. Ever glare screen, window share and other office supply didn't make a dent in the glare. And I was tired of coming home with a headache from squinting. Now that I think about it, I could have worn my sunglasses! LOL

This past weekend Pete and I came up to the office and made some changes. He put on antiglare window tinting. It's a static cling sheet that is really made for cars, but works well here. Then we moved my desk & computer back by the windows.

Then we did the fun stuff - set up the fishtank he gave me for Valentines Day. Today I have 6 tetras in it. 5 of them are orange and black. There is one lonely silver one that the guy at the store got in there. After his third try at getting the ones I wanted I told him to forget trying a 4th time and just leave it in there. But it's not schooling with the orange ones so I hope it's ok.

With these changes I feel like I have a whole new office!

No comments:

Post a Comment