Wednesday, February 20, 2008

5 Things

I see lists all the time in blogs and somewhat see it as an "easy entry". However this list that was posted on a message board took some thought and time to complete. I thought it appropriate for blogging. I really tried to complete it quickly with the first things that come to mind. And it somewhat reminds me of the Bucket List in that it makes you think about what is important to you.

Fascinate me:
1. 1960's era. The politics, the culture, the feeling, the events...
2. The ocean. Powerful, relaxing, beautiful all in one.
3. A child's mind. It's amazing how they think.
4. Pete. The man has lived and travelled in so many places. His youth was so different from mine.
5. Reality shows. Why would people go on them? What things do they do on them that they wouldn't? All of it.

Inspire me
1. My Grandma. The work ethic and ethic in gerneral for life makes me want to reach higher.
2. My niece. Seeing the world through her eyes makes me want to forget the big picture and focus on the little things that make me happy.
3. Food network. LOL I love to cook. And watching it makes me think about quitting this life and becoming a chef.
4. The sun. The brightness, the warmth, the way it colors the world around me makes me inspired to be nicer to nature.
5. Jon Bon Jovi. *giggle* I look at him and how he went from nothing to rock str, philanthapist, businessman, family man, friend. It makes me want to be more like him

Anger me
1. Child abuse.
2. Criminals who continue to revolve in the system.
3. Cancer. I HATE it.
4. People who are inconsiderate drivers. Your stupidity shouldn't put me at risk for a crash...
5. The government. It's a love/hate thing.

Confuse me
1. The buraucracy of government. How did we lose the simple idea of get it done to all that crap in the legislature?
2. Sokodu puzzles.
3. How a computer works (no matter how many times Pete explains all the workings...)
4. How people full of themselves cannot see that they are full of themselves.
5. Making Lebkuchen for Christmas! LOL

Delight me
1. A child's laughter.
2. Seeing Pete's smile at me.
3. Feeling the warm sun on my face.
4. Gooey chocolate cake.
5. A cold diet dr pepper on a hot day.

Amaze me
1. The vastness of the world that I have never seen.
2. That my parents lived through the turbulent 60's. That my Grandparents lived through the Great Depression.
3. That I am an adult.
4. How I can connect with people on the internet that I have never met.
5. True Love.

Sadden me
1. Child abuse.
2. Crime in general. The revolving criminal that is wasting a life.3
. Couples who cannot have children, despite years of trying.
4. The thought that I may not have children of my own.
5. The thought of losing my parents.

Fulfill me
1. My love for Pete.
2. Being creative - cards, scraping, crochet...
3. Reading a good book.
4. Learning something new.
5. Doing a random act of kindness with nothing expected in return.

Frighten me
1. Growing old without having children.
2. Losing my family to death.
3. The what-if's that I regrat doing or not doing.
4. Chemical/nuclear war.
5. Losing control of a vehicle while driving for any reason.

Relax me
1. A bath.
2. Laying in bed next to Pete with my head in his arm.
3. A nice glass of wine and a good meal.
4. A day walking around a museam.
5. The feeling of being loved.

So what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment