Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Wedding

I feel like that word should have the music behind it that plays when a character in a movie is killed and everyone is trying to figure out who the killer is. Wedding...dum DA dum!

I've come to the conclusion that my parents are not going to be happy participants of this process. And while it hurts, I'm not going to lie, I need to move on. I probably think about this wedding at least once a day. When the thought enters my mind, I rush it away with other thoughts so that it's a fleeting second and not hours of my day.

Last night I finally said to Pete, "So what do you want to do about getting married?" And he responded with what he always does - it's up to me. I think if he had his way we'd go off somewhere to marry alone. And while the thought is entertaining, it's not what I've dreamed of. And if I'm only doing this once, I'd like to come close to the dream.

So I think the plan is that we're having a 6:45pmish ceremony at the ampitheater at Centennial Lakes and then a reception in the Centrum Building . I've checked out some catering sites and think that we can do an appetizer buffet for a small amount, get a cake and have the beverage service that it there for a reasonable amount.

I want it to be simple and classic.

I've been thinking about color schemes and my creative mind is in a bundle here. Both Pete and I love the color blue. But I don't know that it is what I want in a wedding. My sister had blue and we were just at a wedding this time last year with blues. I'm thinking raspberry pink, fushia, orange and reds. Kind of like a sunset scheme since we're marring at dusk. I've got some sites and items saved that I want to show Pete and see what he says.

Then I guess I need to formally ask my sister to be my matron of honor and see if she'll go shopping with me for a dress. Instead of me picking out a dress for her, I'm going to let her pic out the dress she wants that somewhat coordinates with my dress in a color from the scheme.

And now my creative brain wonders just how to get the supplies needed to make invites! This makes me smile. Something creative to do. I thinkI'm craving that again. Craving the creative things to take my mind off everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment