Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's getting lighter

I can tell that the days are stretching out. It used to be that I'd drive to work in the dark. But in the last few weeks it's gotten lighter much earlier. Now I head into that beautiful orange sun each morning and it brightens the beginning of my day.

Sunday we did a Day Trip. I say that with capital letters because it's a title and important enought to warrant the capitals. We are on the search for the perfect brunch aftr having a great one when we were down in New Ulm a few weeks ago. So our quest conitnued on Sunday with brunch at Old Country Buffet. Sadly it was not 'it' and we're still on the search for the great one around here.

While eating we decided to go for a walk around Cenntennial Lakes Park. It was in the 30's a beautiful out. Hard to pass up when there has been so much snow and cold the last few months. So after brunch we got in the car & met a friend at the park. We walked for a little over 3 miles. While we were walking we got to talking about all the attractions at the park and mini golf was brought up. Since there is still snow, we headed to the Mall of America and Moose Mountain for some golf. Of course Pete won, but I wasn't that far behind.

Then we decided to go to the gym ( Anytime Fitness ) to work out. We lifted weights together and Pete showed me some new things to do on the weight machine. It really kicked my behind because my shins and shouldres have been sore ever since. We had dinner then went home to watch a movie: Easy Rider . It was cool to see how young Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson looked. The movie was ok, but sort of long in some parts.

But that, what I've just described, is a Day Trip. It's getting up and going to do one thing and ending up with a whole day full of activites that leave you wanting more. It's really gotten me wanting the warm weather and the fun of doing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment